A One-Of-A-Kind Adventure!
Grizzly Bear Adventure
Toba Inlet has some of the best grizzly bear viewing tours in British Columbia.
Stays are for 3 or 4 nights and are All-Inclusive. Included in your stay are all meals, accommodation in a Lodge Room or private Cabins, adventures and wildlife and cultural tours and transfers…we look after every detail.
We will get you as close to grizzly bears as possible
From the Resort we travel, about one hour by boat, past spectacular Toba Inlet waterfalls watching for marine life, before arriving at our dock in Toba Inlet. From here we take a short bus ride to our viewing platforms tucked away in the lush temperate rainforest of the Toba Valley along the glacier blue waters of the Klite River. Our Klahoose guides, trained bear guides with the Commercial Bear Viewing Association, will spend about 2-3 hours with the bears and will get you as close to the grizzly bears as possible, while viewing from our fixed bear viewing platforms, safely and respecting the natural habitat of the grizzly bears. With six covered bear viewing platforms, set along the river, we keep our groups small for the most intimate experience with the bears. Listen closely and you will you will hear their heavy breaths mingle with the rushing water – it is an exhilarating and truly amazing spectacle that only a select few will have the privilege of seeing.
Your excursion will include:
- 3 or 4 night – Accommodations in Lodge Rooms or Cabins with all with private washroom and ocean views
- Grizzly Bear Viewing Tours in Toba Inlet (Two – 6 hour grizzly bear tours are included with 2-3 hours on land viewing from our platforms with our Indigenous guides)
- All meals from dinner on arrival to breakfast on departure
- Activities such as Indigenous storytelling, cedar weaving, guided kayak, forest walks, ocean foraging
- Use of Resort Amenities: great room lounge, free Wi-Fi, satellite phone, large deck, dock area, campfire area, kayaks, paddle boards, walking trails
- Covered boat transfer from Lund, BC to the Desolation Sound and the Resort (45 minutes). An optional land shuttle is available from Powell River Airport to Lund – where the boat leaves for the Resort
- Schedule flight from Vancouver – Powell River – Vancouver
Not Included but may be added: (contact us to get a quote)
- Optional tours (Guided Fishing Charters, Heli-Sightseeing/ Heli-Hiking/Heli-Paddle/Glacier Walk Tours/Boat Charters),
- Alcoholic beverages,
- Private seaplane from downtown Vancouver to the Resort and Return
Min/Max Guests on this Tour: accommodates 1 to 26 people
Minimum Age: Must be 10 years + to participate in the grizzly bear viewing tours
Available: August 26 – October 10, 2021 or August 25 – October 13, 2022
Arrivals : 3 nights Thursdays / 4 nights Sundays
60 days prior to the service: 25% Non-Refundable
50 days prior to the service: 50% Non-refundable
45 days prior to the service: 100% Non-refundable